Adopting a Child Through Local Adoption NSW
Expand your family with adoption
Family Spirit is an accredited adoption service provider who is specialised in training, assessing, authorising and supporting prospective adoptive parents. We can support you through the local adoption NSW process if you are considering growing your family through this option.
We support birth parents in NSW who are making the difficult choice of placing their child for adoption. We advocate for open adoption practices as we recognise the importance of raising children knowing that they are adopted and remaining connected to their birth family. We are committed to placing each child in a family that can best meet the child’s needs.
Local adoption NSW – eligbility criteria
Applicants applying through the Local Adoption NSW Program need to meet the following criteria:
- married, or in a de facto relationship for at least two years
- under the age of 47
- are in good general health with normal life expectancy and willing to complete medical checks
- are required to provide details of a medical diagnosis of primary or secondary infertility. All treatments for infertility must cease prior to submitting a formal application to adopt. Infertility treatment cannot resume while an adoption application is active
- a permanent residence or a citizen of Australia and reside in New South Wales
- provide evidence of financial stability
- have no more than one child
- demonstrate an understanding of the needs of adopted children and be willing to support openness and maintain connection with a child’s family, culture and identity
Speak with our team
Please call our team on on 13 18 19 for a confidential discussion or complete the contact form below.
Alternatively, more information is available from the NSW Department of Communities & Justice.