Become a Foster Carer
Learn how to become a foster carer
The experience of foster caring can be rich, vibrant and joyous – and it’s unique for everyone.
Family Spirit carers tell us that being a foster carer is positive, fulfilling and full of wonder. Many say that one of their greatest joys is playing a part in the achievements of the children in their care. Register to join one of our upcoming online information sessions to find out how to become a foster carer.
Foster Carer Information Sessions
“We are all so much richer for having fostered and couldn’t imagine our life any other way.”
– Cathy, Foster Carer for over 20 years.
To learn more about how to become a foster carer and the foster experience, join one of our upcoming information sessions.
In our informal, 1hr sessions, you can hear about:
- Different care options available
- Application process – how to foster a child
- Fostering and Adoption
- Roles and responsibilities
- Support, development and training
- Real family experiences
Dates for our upcoming online sessions* are:
- Wednesday 27th September 2023 – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Wednesday 25th October 2023 – 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- One-on-one information sessions are also available at a time that suits you – call 13 18 19 for more information.
- *Once your booking is confirmed, you will be contacted with login details for the session.