It doesn’t happen by mistake and it’s much more than the sum of its parts, building a strong family takes time and requires all members to work together. So how do you get all the members of your family to function together effectively? You lead the way!
Don’t worry, you’re not alone in this challenge. Whether caring for your own children or children in your care, here are 10 top tips for building stronger families.
- Take the time to play and have fun with your family.
- Build connections with older relatives and community elders.
- Appreciate your family and community – everyone matters!
- Encourage each other and offer support.
- Participate in local events and get to know your community.
- Celebrate achievements, large and small.
- Be generous with your time in your family and in your community.
- Reduce your stress – remember you need time out too!
- Do something with your family that helps others.
- Take time out from technology and enjoy family time together.
For more tips and resources, visit nfw.org.au
We proudly support our foster carers to provide the best care possible for children who are not able to live with their birth families. To find out more about becoming a carer, or foster care in general, click the link below and register to attend one of our upcoming information sessions.