The rewards of being a foster carer are many and varied. Family Spirit carers tell us that being a carer is a joyous and fulfilling experience and say that one of their greatest joys is being able to play a part in the achievements of the children in their care. More information about foster caring is available here.
We are looking for carers who can provide the following types of care.
- Immediate: A few days, often at short notice
- Part-time: A few days, or regular weekends to provide support for young people in care as well as their carers
- Short-term: From a few months’ to two years.
- Long-term: Until a child reaches 18 years, or is adopted from foster care
- Kinship: Care provided by a relative when they cannot remain at home
Attend an information session
To learn more about becoming a foster carer you are invited to attend an online information session:
Dates for our upcoming online sessions* are:
- Wednesday, 28 April, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Wednesday, 26 May, 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Wednesday, 23 June, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
One-on-one information sessions are also available at time that suits you. call 13 18 19 for more information.
* Once your booking is confirmed you will be contacted with login details for the session.