Take the First Step!
Our staff are keen to speak with prospective carers and to provide information about fostering and adoption. We take a personal approach to the process of educating and assessing our prospective carers.
The first step is to call our CCareline team on 13 18 19. They are available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. They can provide you with information about foster care and about the process involved in becoming a carer. During the call, we like to take the time to talk through your individual circumstances and the types of care you are seeking.
- Call our CCareline Team on 13 18 19 to learn more about the process.
- Come to our next information session to learn more about the types of foster care and the process.
- Attend a training program with other prospective foster carers to learn more about supporting children in foster care. This training will help to provide you with a realistic picture of the care experience to help you decide if it is right for you.
- If you would like to progress, then an assessment is conducted as part of this process. We understand that not all situations are the same, so when making an assessment, our staff will review your suitability on an individual basis. The assessment process usually consists of several meetings with key members of your family who would be involved in caring for a child in care.
- If your assessment is successful, additional training is then offered to suit your needs. This training is decided on an individual basis to make sure we fully meet your needs in preparing you for the important journey of being a foster carer.
Please call us today on 13 18 19 to learn more about becoming a foster carer.