Family Spirit means acceptance, belonging and care for everyone. It means to capture the importance of every person and every child to have and experience "the family spirit" - a place where you are accepted, belong and receive unconditional care and support.
Our vision is to be the leader in permanency solutions for children, young people and families in NSW.
Our mission is to enable permanency and well-being for children and young people by supporting families and carers to provide safe, stable and nurturing environments for them up to the age of 25.
We follow in the footsteps of Christ and come together as a Catholic community, in partnership with our valued stakeholders, to promote the following principles:
- The Family Spirit - We undertake to build community, belonging, and promote the family spirit for all. We believe in the innate goodness of everyone and foster acceptance and unconditional care of families, children and young people in need. We aim to support those in need and their cultural, religious or other beliefs and needs with respect and dignity.
- Human Dignity – We believe everyone is created in the image of God. As such, we treat everyone with love, respect, compassion, and the utmost care and safety.
- Subsidiarity – We aim to ensure the child’s voice and view is taken into consideration by putting the best interests of the child at the core of all decision making and practice. We value the views and needs of our families and carers and aim to ensure that these are heard and understood in the work that we do.
- Solidarity – We walk alongside children and families, helping them through their challenges.
- Common Good – We encourage networks of support for each and every child, building and strengthening the families and communities that support these children and promoting them to grow into active participants of the community as adults.